Sunday 23 October 2016

Marble Bust Project

Marble Bust project

 Subject

using a styrofoam head as a base begin sculpting
One thing to keep in mind that I learned from this project is that the layers over top may change the face in terms of this particular project I felt that didn't take into account the next layer of plaster bandage and as a result i found his features too big in the end result next i would compensate at this stage.

 Work in Progress

then cover with gypsona plaster bandages



to build the base use 3/4 inch and 1 inch dowel
to create an I frame


Mine looked a lot like this inside my statue

 then use styrofoam to build out the neck and shoulders

then layer of gypsona. Toga part of the bust I used a cotton dipped in white glue and a little water draped and pinned it in the shape I wanted then I painted on a layer of glue.

then using a fine finishing sandpaper sand the bust to create smooth the surfaces on the bust

paint a layer of gesso over the entire bust (including the toga), then sand again

then use the marble technique to create finished look





No comments:

Post a Comment